1. Hanging by a thread. My husband and I recently went on a weekend adventure that was unforgettable. We spent a day hanging by a couple of ropes and climbing through a tree top obstacle course. The ropes course took us through a series of rope swings, cargo net climbs, suspended wobbly structures and zip lines - all which tested our physical abilities. We had a complete blast and it was a great way to spend our time. On the same note, mountain climbing, rappelling and indoor rock climbing are also at the top of the list for fun date activities.
2. Take a hike. Going for a hike is a great way to bond with your spouse. Just you, your love and the great outdoors. No distractions mean the perfect opportunity to re-connect after a busy week. A challenging hike will help build feelings of cooperation and support with your partner as you navigate the terrain together; a more low key train can be made romantic with a pack full of picnic food.
3. Beach Camping. Is there anything more romantic than camping overnight on a beach? I think not! Not only is it super romantic, but it puts a twist on traditional camp settings. The sound of the waves makes for a peaceful sleep and crisp, ocean air is a refreshing wake up.
4. Get cooking. Even if being in the kitchen isn't your favorite thing, taking a cooking class together will be a fun and memorable experience. Joint cooking projects will promote team work and solo cooking projects can provide a little friendly competition. Plus, you'll learn a new recipe to add to your dinner menu at home!
5. Who dunnit? Inactive adventures make for an awesome date night outing and put your ability to problem solve as a couple to the test. Murder mystery dinners are easily found with a little research in most areas - plus you get dinner, so it's a win-win! Interactive games like Escape the Room are also all the rage lately! Those who live near major cities are likely to get lucky in finding something similar.
6. Shoot 'Em Up. Get an adrenaline rush by shooting up targets at the gun range and your significant other will never want to get on your bad side again. Just kidding!
7. Paint the town red. If real guns aren't your thing, consider spending the day at a paintball range. This is an activity that might be closer to your comfort zone, and is even MORE fun!
8. Run, Baby, Run! Obstacle and mud runs are a blast, and provide such a great experience for couples to build their partnership as they motivate, cheer and physically help each other along a challenging course. In addition, extra bonding time can be earned if you train together, or turn it into a family affair by getting the kids involved in the training process. If you are looking for something a little less messy, some alternatives are the equally fun bubble runs, color runs and water inflatable runs that many areas offer.
9. Ready! Set! Go! A little friendly competition is always good for a couple. Place your bets and rev your engines, as you challenge your partner to a race. Check around for a nearby indoor or outdoor go-kart course and fulfill your need for speed on the track. Loser pays for dinner!
10. Off the beaten path. Take your date off the beaten path, literally, with an off-roading adventure. Gear up and board an ATV/UTV for an experience you'll never forget. Travel terrain together or ride solo, either way it'll be a good time and give you plenty of fun memories.The couple that gets muddy together, stays together... or something like that.
Now that I've shared a few of my favorite non-traditional date day ideas, tell me your favorite date activities to do with your significant other.