Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Review: Alice in Wonderland (A Colors Primer)

Ok, so I'm a sucker for anything Alice in Wonderland and may be a little biased here, but I love this book! It was all I could do to keep myself from squealing in delight when I saw this board book sitting on the book store shelf.

The book's pages are sturdy and easy for little hands to manipulate. The book is a color primer, so bright and bold colors are abound.  Because this book is a color primer, there is not story to be read, other than the one your imagination conjures up. The text is simple and descriptive of only the color and object featured on the page. The drawings are whimsical and eye-catching. I love all the little quirky details in the illustrations, such as the "Don't Be Late" t-shirt on the White Rabbit and the little bat in the Madhatter's tea cup. This book is a fun way to teach your little one basic colors, while introducing him/her to literary classics.

Alice in Wonderland (A Colors Primer)
By: Jennifer Adams
Illustrated By: Alison Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment