Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Owned and Adored: Beauty Bargains

Being a mama often means maintaining a family budget, however a budget doesn't have to mean you totally deprive yourself!  Sensible splurges, especially when it comes to pampering oneself, is a great way to make sure mama feels her best, even when covered in spaghetti sauce stains and static cling socks!  These are my favorite beauty items. Each item is under $10, animal testing free and a must have for my beauty cabinet.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask - This is probably my favorite at-home facial mask. I use this weekly to help tame blackheads and give my face a deep cleanse. The mint makes for a slight tingle when applying the mask which also helps to relax facial muscles. The mask dries quickly and rinses off cleanly with warm water and a cloth.

Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter - Ok, you caught me, the online price for this is over $10, but if you are lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's, you can score this in-store for around $5. However, if you don't live near a shop, it's still worth the splurge. The lovely coconut smell is subtle and not overpowering. The body butter is creamy and rich and applies smoothly. This is excellent for softening dry skin and has certainly helped repair this poor mama's dishpan hands!

St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser - This is a great "wake up" cleanser for your morning face wash. I keep this on my sink and use it each and every morning. The cleanser wakes up tired skin without drying it out.

Kiss My Face Green Tea and Bamboo Shave - This shaving cream is great for sensitive skin. The cream lathers wonderfully and the smell is pleasant. My skin is always left smooth, soft and free of irritation bumps and redness when using this product.

Tree Hut Lavender and Chamomile Body Scrub - Tree Hut products are always a hit in my book. The brand certainly knows how to create aromas appealing to the senses! This body scrub is one of my faves and always leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I also love that the mild scent lingers on your skin long after bathing.

Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve - This vegan friendly, all purpose skin treatment is a consistent staple in my on-the-go makeup bag. This tiny tin can be used for anything from lip gloss, to diaper rash relief, to dry skin repair, to the perfect tamer for unruly eyebrows or flyaway hairs. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment